ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT AND FINANCIAL TERMS
A parent or guardian of the student(s) enrolled (hereafter referred to as “Members”), and admitted to Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal School of Tyler, Texas ACCEPT AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
PAYMENT OF TUITION FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR as set forth in the published Tuition & Fees Schedule in accord with the billing schedule and arrangements agreed upon prior to admission. Adjustments may be made to the scheduled tuition agreement if financial aid is awarded.
Timely payment of tuition and school fees is vital to the operating budget of the school. Therefore:
1. If payment is not received by the 8th of the month (or the next business day), the account will be assessed a finance charge.
2. If a check is returned for insufficient funds, a returned check charge will be applied in addition to any applicable finance charge. Future payments may be required in cash or by money order for continued enrollment.
3. Dismissal for failure to pay the tuition in accord with the financial policy of the School will not relieve the parent or guardian from remaining tuition due. Good Shepherd may withhold all grades and transcripts for any student until the delinquent account and penalties have been paid in full.
4. Monthly tuition payments are required to be paid via ACH. Written requests for exemption will be considered on a case by case basis by the Board of Trustees
FULL YEAR OBLIGATION FOR TUITION for FIRST GRADE THROUGH TWELFTH GRADE
Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal School incurs expenses of a continuing nature, including year-long financial commitments to faculty, staff, vendors, facilities, maintenance, and others on behalf of students. Thus, in order for the school to plan and maintain these services over the entire academic year, it is essential that the total annual income from tuition and fees be ensured. For this reason, it is understood and agreed that the obligation to pay tuition and fees for the full academic year is unconditional and takes effect upon the first tuition due date. No portion of any tuition and/or fees, paid or payable, for the above student(s) will be automatically refunded or canceled for any reason, other than for those exceptions listed below. The School shall have the right to legal action for collection of all school fees, and the parent/guardian agrees to be responsible for all costs of collection, including court expenses and reasonable attorney fees.
Exceptions for refunding or cancellation of this obligation are:
1. The student’s permanent place of residence changes during the term of this agreement to a location that is more than 30 miles from the Good Shepherd campus in Tyler and is more distant than the student’s place of residence on the date of this agreement, which change could not have been reasonably anticipated on the date of this agreement. Satisfactory evidence of such change may be required.
2. A change in the student’s health necessitates withdrawal from the school for medical reasons. The school may require a written opinion from the student’s attending physician stating that the student’s withdrawal from the school is necessary for medical reasons.
Appeal for partial relief of this obligation due to extraordinary circumstances, may be submitted in written form for consideration by the governing Board of Trustees, understanding that such appeal carries no assurance that any relief will be granted, given the primary responsibility of the Board of Trustees to guard the financial stability of the school.
SCHOOL’S RIGHTS RESERVED
All members of Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal School consent to the rules and regulations of the School as stated in the current handbook and published literature. It is further understood that the School reserves the right to insist upon immediate withdrawal of any student who in conduct, industry, or progress proves not to be in harmony with Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal School standards or policies.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal School members agree to release and hold harmless the School, its agents and employees from all claims, damages, or other liabilities for injuries to his child which are not the result of gross negligence by this school, its agents, or employees. A Member of Good Shepherd School also agrees to indemnify the school for all damages caused by his child.
The Enrollment Agreement is executed in Tyler, Smith County, Texas, and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. All tuition and fees are payable at the offices of Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal School, Tyler, Texas.
BINDING EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT
This agreement shall not become binding upon the School or the undersigned until
1. the first tuition due date of the upcoming school year,
2. final adjustments to the base tuition have been made, and
3. the agreement has been signed or accepted by electronic signature and received by the school.
Good Shepherd School and Preschool admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.